Nginx configuration with artifactory

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Oct 6 19:04:49 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:30:26PM +0530, Syed Imran wrote:

Hi there,

> My artifactory application in deployed using docker in port 8081.

> But when I do a docker login, nginx always returns 405 not found. But the
> web UI works find with both the ip’s.

Does nginx return 405, or does nginx return "not found"? The distinction
might matter.

> Is there anything wrong with my nginx configuration. Can someone help.

There appear to be two "artifactory" documents relating to nginx --
https://www.jfrog.com/confluence/display/RTF/Configuring+a+Reverse+Proxy
and https://www.jfrog.com/confluence/display/RTF/Configuring+NGINX

Do things work if you use exactly the configuration that they suggest?

If so, then you can start making changes to see where it starts to break.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org