proxy_store help requested

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Mar 9 00:14:33 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 06:21:14PM -0500, nginx_newbie_too wrote:

> OK, I just tracked this down to whether the proxy_pass value refers to a
> load-balancing upstream collection (as I'm doing above) vs. a hard-coded
> reference to one server.  So, if I change the proxy_pass config value to
> refer to http://download.foobar.com instead of http://download_servers,
> everything works.
>
> Is this a known limitation, or a bug that I should file?

The difference between "download.foobar.com" and
"download_servers" is a name that will be used in requests to an
upstream (see http://nginx.org/r/proxy_set_header).  And if your
upstream sever responds with an error due to incorrect name used,
nginx will not store the response.

That is, from the information you provided what you describe looks
like a result of a misconfiguration.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/