Re: Hashes / Arrays für $arg_PARAMETER

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Thu Jul 25 10:03:55 UTC 2013

On 24 Jul 2013 21:30, "Maik Unger" <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Hello @all,
>
> Is it possible to define array / hashes in nginx? I have the following
> idea:
>
> nginx should check $arg_PARAMETER which is defined by an array. If the
> right element in the array, then die access is permitted, otherwise
> denied.
>
> example:
>
> the $arg_PARAMETER can have the following values:
>
> "ab" or "bc" or cd"
>
> if $arg_PARAMATER != array -> Access is denied, otherwise permitted

$arg_* are strings because they derive from the query string.  They are not
arrays. You can interpret these strings using any of the methods nginx
gives you.

> I would appreciate about a solution.

I suggest you'll have to concoct a solution using nginx maps with regular
expressions. That's a very powerful method of switching behaviours based on
user input. Have a Google for their docs and for interesting ways of using
them.