Wordpress Permalinks

Sven Ludwig nginx at abraumhal.de
Thu Feb 16 23:57:25 UTC 2012

On 02-16 18:10, justin wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> So I am trying to get permalinks to work with Wordpress. I have read a
> few articles/blog posts but still no luck. The permalink structure I am
> trying to use is:
>
> http://mydomain.com/wp/index.php/2012/02/sample-post/
>
> Here is the configuration block that I am currently using that is
> important:

> location ~ \.php$ {
>      include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
>      fastcgi_intercept_errors off;
>      fastcgi_index index.php;
>
>      try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?q=$uri&$args;
>
>      # tried this as well, but still doesn't work
>      #
>      #if (!-e $request_filename) {
>      #  rewrite ^.*$ /index.php last;
>      #}
>
>      fastcgi_pass php1.local.mydomain.com:9000;
>    }

this is a solution i found for running wordpress behind nginx and it works :)

  location / {
    set $rewrite_to_php "true";
    if ( -f $request_filename) {
      set $rewrite_to_php "false";
    }
    if ( -d $request_filename) {
      set $rewrite_to_php "false";
    }
    if ( $rewrite_to_php = "true" ) {
      rewrite  ^(.*)$  /index.php?q=$1  last;
      break;
    }
  }

  location ~* \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html)$ {
    expires max;
  }

  location ~* \.php$ {
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
  }

if you depend on try_files you might change the "location /" section this way:

  location / {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?q=$1;
  }

i didn't test it, but as written in the wiki, this should work also :)

http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#try_files

bye MUH!

--
;__;___,