nginx company

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Mon Jul 18 14:14:29 UTC 2011

I have got news for you about nginx.

Recently it became very clear for me that because of increasing popularity
of nginx and the volume of work required to develop the code and doing
support, I really need to put it at another level.

So, I have decided to focus even more on nginx and established nginx
as a company to fully dedicate myself to the project. I am not alone,
there are a few nice people working for me on this. I am focusing on
the development part, and to some extent on the company operations as well.

Our primary goals are improving support and communication for our users,
streamlining the development process, revamping the documentation,
integrating and speeding up pending bugfixes and patches, introducing
long-requested functionality and more.

It should be noted that nginx will remain free, open-source software
under 2-clause BSD license. There will be no shortage of new and
long-awaited features too.

Thank you very much for your ongoing support through all these years.
Without your awareness, feedback and support nginx would not become
that successful. I am really looking forward to see more people who
found nginx useful. I am also very glad we now have a proper way
of doing a lot more for you.

Thanks!

--
Igor Sysoev