php-cgi constantly recycles every couple of minutes

Rob Schultz rschultz7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:27:35 MSK 2010

> I'm not using php-fpm and don't really want to recompile PHP to switch to it. This is the only issue I have with this setup, so any help is appreciated. I tried taking out the PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS option altogether and it still recycled itself.  I also upped it to 1,000,000 and it didn't make a difference.
I remember reading that few people have had issues with PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS never being honored with using standard PHP FASTCGI implementation.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/4542/match=php%5ffcgi%5fmax%5frequests

Most people just recommend using PHP-FPM as it is a more robust manager.

Rob