How does 'locate' work?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Oct 22 17:25:44 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 01:52:59PM +0200, Artifex Maximus wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 04:50:38PM -0400, GAZ082 wrote:
> >
> > But this is really fragile.  As soon as new regex location appears
> > - you'll have to add another one to preserve auth_basic.  More
> > safe aproach is to use nested locations, i.e.:
> >

> Since which version? I had some problem and using 'alias /l/$1' for PHP
> scripts because of missing nested location. So it is time to change? :-)

Nested location are allowed by config syntax from 0.1.0 (first
public release).  But they may have various bugs in various
versions.  Example I've provided should work on all supported
branches including legacy 0.6.*, though I've never checked.

Note well: alias directive is one that likely has problems with
nested locations.

Maxim Dounin