Protect link with cookies?

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Thu Jun 11 01:53:43 MSD 2009

That is precisely the kind of control required to take place in an
upstream application, not nginx.  Nginx should be thought of as sort
of a signal processor, that is, it sits in a stream and does its
business as quickly and efficiently as possible.  Waiting on databases
is neither quick nor efficient.

Also there is nothing secure about cookies, which can be completely
manipulated by the client.  Session data, on the other hand, is
internal and therefore much more reliable (and is basically what you
want to use).

-- Merlin