nginx blocking during long running PHP request?

Merlin merlin at mahalo.com
Thu Feb 26 05:56:36 MSK 2009

You may need to look at your fastcgi setup and see how many children and
requests you have available.

# more /etc/default/php-fastcgi
# Should php-fastcgi run automatically on startup? (default: no)
START=yes

# Which user runs PHP? (default: www-data)
EXEC_AS_USER=www-data

# Host and TCP port for FASTCGI-Listener (default: localhost:9000)
FCGI_HOST=localhost
FCGI_PORT=9000

# Environment variables, which are processed by PHP
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=4
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=1024