some questions about the upload module

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Sep 9 23:22:15 MSD 2008

Valery Kholodkov ha scritto:
> Valery Kholodkov wrote:
>
>>> Valery, do you know if current browsers set the content-length for each
>>> of the file fields?
>> I have no idea. Anyway this doesn't help for anything.
>
> However, I'm wrong. This would be a nice hint. I'm going to investigate in
> this subject. Thanks.

I have checked with IE 6, Opera 8.52, Firefox (Iceweasel 3.0.1),
Konqueror 3.5.9, and they do not set the Content-Length.

They also never use multipart/mixed when there are multiple file fields
with the same name, as required(?) by HTML 4.2 spec and rfc 2388.

And, finally, they don't set the Content-Type (with the charset
parameter) for the normal input fields.

Regards  Manlio Perillo