module proposal: BOSH

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Oct 9 14:17:58 MSD 2008

Hello!

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:23:18AM +0200, Spil Games wrote:

>Phillip B Oldham wrote:
>> Has any progress been made with this?
>

>AFAIK *someone* still has to pickup the persistent connection thing.
>Several companies are willing to pay bounties for this, and I asked Evan
>Miller to do this, but he is currently out of OSS time. I still have
>this on my radar though and am still actively seeking for a developer
>willing to pick this up. No luck yet though.
>
>Anyone else made any progress?

I've recently posted here a patch that will allow nginx to know
when request is completed even if backend server wasn't closed
connection.  The patch is currently waiting for Igor's review.

There are two things left for http persistent connections support:
chunked encoding (should be relatively easy with the mentioned
patch) and saving connections for later use instead of closing
them (relatively easy as is).

Maxim Dounin