AJP Support

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Tue Jun 24 11:00:12 MSD 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 07:55:21AM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:

> Igor Sysoev wrote:
> >On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:33:41AM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> >

> >>I currently use apache 2.2 with mod_proxy_ajp to load-balance a Java
> >>application running on 3 tomcat servers.
> >>
> >>I've had good results with nginx for a php and RoR site, and would be
> >>interested in replacing apache with nginx in this configuration.
> >>
> >>Does nginx support ajp13 connections?  Has anyone on the list done
> >>anything similar?
> >>

> >No, nginx does not support AJP, and it's difficult to add...
>
> OK.  I guess I could just have nginx balance the http traffic and have
> use tomcat's http server rather than passing through ajp13 traffic.
>
> I'd like to offload all SSL decryption to the loadbalancers too - so
> traffic would come in on 443, hit the load balancer, get decrypted, and
> farmed out as http traffic to the various tomcat nodes.  How would I go
> about that?

worker_processes  2; # number of CPUs

http {

    server {
        listen               443;
        keepalive_timeout    70;

        ssl                  on;
        ssl_protocols        SSLv3 TLSv1;
        ssl_ciphers          AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:RC4-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:RC4-MD5;

        ssl_certificate      /path/to/cert.pem;
        ssl_certificate_key  /path/to/cert.key;

        ssl_session_cache    shared:SSL:10m;
        ssl_session_timeout  10m;